Best Dog-Friendly Beaches in Tampa Bay
- 1 Best Dog-Friendly Beaches in Tampa Bay
- 1.1 Top 13 Dog-Friendly Beaches in Tampa Bay
- 1.1.1 Pass A Grille Dog Beach
- 1.1.2 Davis Island Dog Beach
- 1.1.3 Honeymoon Island State Park
- 1.1.4 Picnic Island Dog Beach
- 1.1.5 Forte De Soto Dog Beach
- 1.1.6 Palma Sola Causeway
- 1.1.7 De Soto Memorial Park
- 1.1.8 Sunset Beach Dog Park
- 1.1.9 Apollo Beach
- 1.1.10 Gandy Bridge Causeway
- 1.1.11 Walton Rocks Dog Beach
- 1.1.12 Bowman’s Dog Beach
- 1.1.13 Brohard Paw Park
- 1.2 FAQ
- 1.3 Conclusion
- 1.1 Top 13 Dog-Friendly Beaches in Tampa Bay
Top 13 Dog-Friendly Beaches in Tampa Bay
- Pass A Grille Dog Beach
- Davis Island Dog Beach
- Honeymoon Island State Park
- Picnic Island Dog Beach
- Forte De Soto Dog Beach
- Palma Sola Causeway
- De Soto Memorial Park
- Sunset Beach Dog Park
- Apollo Beach
- Gandy Bridge Causeway
- Walton Rocks Dog Beach
- Bowman’s Dog Beach
- Brohard Paw Park
Which beaches in Tampa allow dogs? There are several dog-friendly beaches in Tampa Bay. We have compiled a fantastic list of the gorgeous dog friendly beaches in Tampa, FL so you and your pet can have a nice day at the beach together.
Let’s take a closer look at all these best dog-friendly beaches!
Pass A Grille Dog Beach
Address: 1-199 Pass a Grille Way, St Pete Beach, FL 33706
If you’re looking for a dog-friendly beach where your pooch can run and play without being surrounded by too many people, Pass A Grille Dog Beach is the perfect spot. This beach is located in the southernmost part of St. Pete Beach and is known for its clear water and beautiful blue skies.
Since it’s not located in the main town area, there’s usually not a large crowd, which is ideal if your dog isn’t too friendly with other people. Be sure to bring a Frisbee to play with your dog and also some water for yourself.
Main features and rules of Pass A Grille Dog Beach:
- Leashed dogs are allowed on a designated section of the Pass A Grille Dog Beach in St. Pete Beach
- Dogs are allowed on a leash at the beach south of Merry Pier between First and Third avenues.
- There’s usually not a large crowd
- Dog owners must clean up after their dogs
- Dog owners must be prepared to keep dogs on a leash
- Dog owners must be prepared to leave the beach If their dog barks excessively
- Beach is open 24 hours
- Hourly parking rates of $3.
If you’re looking for a great place to take your dog in Tampa, this is definitely it!
Davis Island Dog Beach
Address: 864 Severn Ave, Tampa, FL 33606
If you’re looking for a great dog-friendly beach in Tampa, look no further than Davis Island Dog Beach. This spot is perfect for dogs and their owners, with a cool breeze blowing off the water and plenty of space to run around. There are two fenced-in areas for dogs to play in, plus a sand beach and a grassy area – perfect for a day trip with your furry friend. And since this place is so popular with pet parents, your pup is sure to make some new friends in no time!
Main features and rules of Davis Island Dog Beach:
- Davis Island Dog Beach is a popular dog-friendly beach in the Tampa Bay area that offers a calm atmosphere and is great to visit year-round.
- The beach is full sand and has fenced areas to protect dogs.
- There are separate areas for large dogs and small dogs, as well as a water station.
- The beach is open from 7am to 8pm on Saturdays and Sundays, and parking is 5$.
- It is recommended to carry a dog umbrella to protect your dog from the heat.
Honeymoon Island State Park
Address: 1 Causeway Blvd, Dunedin, FL 34698
Honeymoon Island is the perfect place to visit for anyone who loves nature. This is one of Florida’s most beloved state parks in Clearwater. The beauty of the beach will fill your heart with happiness, and it’s also one of the best dog beaches in Tampa Bay. The beach stretches across four miles, and it has a lush green view that will help you relax and forget all your troubles. This is the perfect place to take your pet for a calming and enjoyable experience.
Main features and rules of Honeymoon Island State Park:
- The beach is spread across four miles
- There is a special section for dogs on the beach
- The sand is smooth and easy to walk on
- There are various activities available such as hiking, bicycling, fishing and swimming
- Dogs are allowed in designated areas such as the pet beach on the southern tip of the island and on the nature trail
- Pets must be on a 6-foot hand-held leash at all times in these areas
- If you drive to the park, it will cost $8 for up to 8 people in the car. If there is only 1 person in the car, it will cost $4. If you walk or bike to the park, it will only cost $2
- The park is open every day from 8 a.m. to sundown
- The beach is open all week from 8am to 8pm.
Picnic Island Dog Beach
Address: 7409 Picnic Island Blvd, Tampa, FL 33616
The Picnic Island Dog Beach is a great place to take your pup for a swim and to explore. The calm atmosphere of the park makes it a great place to relax. The mangrove trees on the shore make this place picture-perfect and provide shade for when your dog needs a break.
Main features and rules of Picnic Island Dog Beach:
- One of the best off leash dog parks in Tampa
- The beach has 8 acres of space for your dog to run around and play in the water
- This beach is also kid-friendly, with a dedicated playground area for children to enjoy
- Just make sure to keep an eye on your dog, as the beach is not entirely fenced
- You can also get water for your dog at this beach
- There are also picnic tables
- The boat ramp and pier make it easy to arrive by water.
Forte De Soto Dog Beach
Address: 3500 Pinellas Bayway S, St. Petersburg, FL 33715
Looking for off-leash dog-friendly beaches in Tampa Bay to take your dog for a swim? Check out Fort De Soto Dog Beach! This beach is perfect for dogs who love to run and play in the sand and water. You can also fish from the pier or explore the miles of shallows. After a long day of fun in the sun, make sure to rinse your dog off in the gated lawn area.
Main features and rules of Forte De Soto Dog Beach:
- Off-leash dog beach
- Fort De Soto Dog Beach is a popular pet-friendly beach in Tampa that offers two separate areas for large dogs and small dogs
- This park is made up of five interconnected islands. It is 1,136 acres in size.
- Water stations are available on the premises
- The beach is open from 7 a.m to 8 p.m from Saturday to Sunday.
- Parking is 5$ for all visitors
- Cars that have disabled car tags can park for free
- There is a gated lawn area with hoses to rinse off your dog
- Fort De Soto Dog Beach is the only dog-friendly area in Fort De Soto beach Dogs are not allowed on the main beach
- Dogs must be leashed on a six-foot leash upon entering and exiting in the park.
Palma Sola Causeway
Address: 9917 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34209
Palma Sola Causeway Park is a great place to go with your family or friends. The park is dog-friendly, so you can bring your pet along, and it’s perfect for a relaxing day by the beach.
Main features and rules of Palma Sola Causeway:
- Not only is it dog-friendly but people also bring their own horses to the park
- We do recommend to keep your dog near you while on the beach, as it is close to the very busy Causeway Blvd
- Park Hours: Sunrise to midnight, unless otherwise posted or allowed by special permits
- Amenities: Dock, Grills, Picnic Shelters, Picnic Tables, Rest Rooms, Trash Receptacles, Water Fountain.
De Soto Memorial Park
Address: 8300 Desoto Memorial Hwy, Bradenton, FL 34209
This historical park is a lovely place to spend time with your dog, especially at sunset. This is another doggie beach surrounded by mangrove trees with a tiny sand area. If you want some shade and privacy, the trees are perfect.
Main features and rules of De Soto Memorial Park:
- De Soto National Memorial is pet friendly and allows dogs on the trails and beaches
- Pets must be kept on a six foot fixed leash at all times for safety
- Clean up after your pet
- The Visitor Center is open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Park grounds are open dawn to dusk, but the parking lot gates close at 5:00pm
- Vehicles left in the parking lot after 5:00pm will remain there overnight and may be ticketed
- There is no overnight camping in the park
- De Soto National Memorial is closed on New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- The park may also be closed for periods of time during hurricane season if a hurricane is imminent.
Sunset Beach Dog Park
Address: Treasure Island, FL 33706
Sunset Beach Dog Park is a hidden dog park on Treasure Island’s inter-coastal, southern point.
Main features and rules of Sunset Beach Dog Park:
- Features crystal clear teal water
- Tends to be clean because it is not frequently visited
- A long stretch of beach is great for dogs that love to run
- Can be accessed by boat or by walking
- Hours: Sunday-Saturday 9AM-5PM
Address: 6760 Surfside Blvd, Apollo Beach, FL, US, 33572
In Florida, Apollo Beach is a dog-friendly beach. At Apollo Beach, dogs are welcome to walk on leashes and enjoy the scenery. There are plenty of waste bag dispensers throughout the area to make sure that dog lovers can clean up after their pets. There are also a few picnic tables available, making it a great spot to relax with your four-legged friend.
Gandy Bridge Causeway
Address: 11231 Gandy Blvd N, St. Petersburg, FL, US, 33702
The Gandy Bridge Causeway is a great place to take your pet for a swim and play. The beach is located in St. Petersburg, Florida and is open to all pets. There are plenty of things for your pet to do on the beach, including swimming, playing fetch, and more.
Walton Rocks Dog Beach
Address: 6700 South Ocean Drive Jensen Beach, Florida 34957
If you’re looking for a fun day trip from Tampa with your furry friend, look no further than Walton Rocks Dog Beach Park in Jensen Beach! The northernmost beach in Florida is actually quite near to Tampa Bay, but it’s such a fantastic beach that we had to include it! This massive beach spans over 24 acres and is filled with playful pups of all shapes and sizes.
Whether you want to take a jog on the sand or swim in the waves, this is the perfect spot to let your dog off the leash and have some fun. Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch and an umbrella to stay cool in between all the beach activities.
Main features and rules of Walton Rocks Dog Beach:
- There are white sand beaches
- Dogs are allowed to be off leash
- There are rinsing showers for both humans and dogs
- Umbrellas are available
- There is a picnic area, fishing, picnic tables, restroom, swimming, pavilions
- The beach is located in Jensen Beach, Florida
- The beach is 24 acres
- The beach is perfect for a day trip from Tampa Bay
Bowman’s Dog Beach
Address: 1700 Bowmans Beach Rd, Sanibel, FL, US, 33957
Sanibel Island is a beautiful, secluded island in Florida known for its white-sand beaches. The journey between Tampa and Bowmans Dog Beach is approximately two hours each way, but it’s definitely worth the trip to bring your dog out for some fun! This beach is a great spot for swimming, fishing, hiking, and picnicking with your furry friend!
Main features and rules of Bowman’s Dog Beach:
- The beach is open from dawn to dusk
- Amenities include beach access, charcoal grills, fishing, fitness stations, hiking trails, paddle craft landing/launch, pavilion, playground, and restrooms
- Parking is $5 per hour or you can use a Lee County Annual Parking Sticker
- A saltwater fishing license is required to fish from shore
- Dogs are welcome on the beach but must be kept on a leash at all times.
Brohard Paw Park
Address: 1600 Harbor Drive, Venice, FL 34285
Brohard Paw Park is a scenic pet-friendly beach in Sarasota, Tampa. The Gulf waters are always glistening and the beach is off-leash. The parking lot also has off-leash access so your pup can immediately run to the beach from the car. There is plenty of room to splash and jump around on the shores. If you have kids with you, they can have fun finding shark teeth in the sand. Beaches in the area are littered with them!
Main features and rules of Brohard Paw Park:
- One of the best pet-friendly dog beaches in Tampa
- Offers off-leash access from parking lot and beach
- Amenities include picnic tables, benches, showers, drinking fountains, fishing pier, pet friendly park, restrooms, wildlife/bird watching
- Convenient dog washing station
- Open daily 7 a.m. to dusk
We’ll keep you posted as more and more beaches start to allow your furry friend. As the list grows, we will continue updating this blog post with all of them:
Is Clearwater Beach Dog-Friendly?
It is unlawful to walk your dog on the public beach or sand at Clearwater Beach or Sand Key Park. On Clearwater North Beach’s north section, which begins at Somerset Street, leashed dogs are permitted. Bring your dog for a walk on the beach and in the surf as long as they are well-behaved and cleaned up after. Although there is no parking north of Somerset Street, public meter parking is accessible south of it.
Are Dogs Allowed at Tampa Riverwalk?
Down the Riverwalk, you may stroll, bike, jogging, or even skate to take in the city’s stunning vistas. And what’s better is that your dog can follow along! The area surrounding the Riverwalk and Curtis Hixon Park accessible via it are both dog friendly.
Is Tampa a Dog Friendly City?
Tampa has been declared the finest city in the United States for dogs, according to a survey by pet food firm Honest Paws. The company recently revealed its rankings for the greatest and worst dog-friendly cities in the United States. The study included factors such as pet-friendly restaurants, breweries, hotels, and beaches.
What Are The Off-Leash Dog Parks in Tampa?
- Al Lopez Dog Park
- Logan Gate Dog Park
- Northwest Dog Park
- Rowlett Off-Leash Dog Park
- West Park Dog Park
Tampa is a great city for dogs and their owners, with plenty of dog-friendly beaches to choose from. Whether you want to take a leisurely stroll on the beach with your furry friend or let them run off-leash, there’s a beach in Tampa that’s perfect for you. Just be sure to follow the rules and regulations of each beach to ensure a fun and safe experience for everyone.
As more and more beaches start to allow your furry friend, we’ll keep you posted so that way there is no need for worry: